Re: [xsl] xsl architecture issue

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl architecture issue
From: "Mattias Konradsson" <preacher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 18:17:38 +0100
> but I think you want each of the stylesheet specific documents to import
> this one.
>
> Then you just want your document (3) to be associated with a stylesheet
> that
> a) checks the relevant attributes to see which specific documents and
> stylesheets are to be used then b
> explictly invokes the xslt transform, calling xslt from javascript,
> passing in any parameters that are specified in the xml file (3).
>
> As each of the specific stylesheet imports the master one, shared
> functionality only needs to be coded once.
>
> David

No, if you'd have the specifik stylesheet import the master one then you
couldn't user different master stylesheets with the specifics... which makes
it less flexible if you want different skins. I think I've solved it though.
Just include a tag in the layout xml files which says which stylesheets it
uses, then use a stylesheet to render a new stylesheet which includes those
stylesheets, and use that to render the whole thang :) only problem, how do
you generate a xslt stylesheet in xslt, just switch namespaces or?

Best Regards
Mattias Konradsson