Re: [xsl] xsl architecture issue

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl architecture issue
From: "Mattias Konradsson" <preacher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 17:08:52 +0100
> maybe I dodn't understand, I thouught that the master stylesheet was
> fixed you mean that the same document-specific stylesheet will need
> to be used with different masters?
>
> David

Here's the architecture I want:

1.each document contained in a xml file, this document should *only* contain
information about itself and no general layout etc

2. a xslt stylesheet for each document that know how to render it's explicit
format

3. a xml file that contains additional layout information about an xml
document, this might be how wide the layer it's contained in should be,
tables that's wrapped around it etc

4. a xslt master stylesheet that processes the xml file and renders the
complete layout
    and renders the layout according to the parameters in the file.

It sounds a bit complicated but the beauty is that you get a dynamic
flexible system where you easily can change the layout of the system overall
or certain document types. If you want content in general to be presented in
a different kind of layer or dialog you just modify the master stylesheet.
If you want to modify how a document is rendered you just edit it's
stylesheet. If you want to edit the general layout of that document you
change the layout xml file, like for instance how wide the layer should be

Best Regards
Mattias Konradsson