RE: [xsl] use cases for d-o-e

Subject: RE: [xsl] use cases for d-o-e
From: "Bryan Rasmussen" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:30:33 +0100

> I guess I was thinking more in the case of situations(these being
> the kinds where I normally use them) where you have an entity built up of
> other entities, which when expanded produces not just text but a number of
> nodes for example. Never having given it much thought I just figured there
> might be a process of optimization whereby the parser could save some
power
> in cases where entities lead to nodesets

>>yes I've posted some of my entity definitions like that to this list
>>before (which is why Joerg explictly barred me (in fact the whole of
>>NAG:-) from taking part in this thread:-)

>>But that's what I meant can not directly work in the case of namespace
>>aware parsers.

yeah I know, that's the part I hadn't thought out. This is the problem with
having naive beliefs without ever taking the time to do the logical working
out, often the beliefs are dead wrong. I used to work with someone that left
the </p> off at the end of a paragraph cause the thought it would speed
things up. Less to process, get it? :) now I find I've been probably doing
the equivalent with entities all this time.