AW: [xsl] output xhtml with html style entities

Subject: AW: [xsl] output xhtml with html style entities
From: "Nestel, Frank" <frank.nestel@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:23:07 +0100
Hi, I've asked a similar question about a year ago or so
and you told me to develop my own Subclass of HTMLEmitter.
This kind of juggled with unicode characters, numerical
entities and symbolical entities. One of our customers also
insisted on converting some special characters into special
symbol-fonts characters so they only displayed correctly
on Windows machines. This all worked up to a point, but this
was in SAXON 5.x times.

The problem is that different internet browsers differ in
their ability to interpret different forms of entities and
unicode. So if you need to generate real world HTML you sometimes
like to control which way is taken of (the theoretical equivalent)
ones to write a certain character :-(

Frank Nestel