[xsl] output last page number

Subject: [xsl] output last page number
From: "Matthew L. Avizinis" <mla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:37:02 -0500
Hello all,
  I am using Xalan to process some xml files for transformation to fo and
then fop to write pdf's.  I have one xml file for each chapter of a book and
I want to have a separate pdf for each chapter.  However, the page numbering
needs to be continuous from one chapter to the next.  I notice that the only
information fop needs is fo:page-number to know when to write the actual
page number to the pdf pages.  Is there a way to save the last page number
for later use, such as to write it to a temporary file?
Any suggestions are appreciated and thank you in advance.
  Matthew L. Avizinis
Gleim Publications, Inc.
   4201 NW 95th Blvd.
 Gainesville, FL 32606