Re: [xsl] id function doesn't work in conjonction with a XML schema

Subject: Re: [xsl] id function doesn't work in conjonction with a XML schema
From: Trevor Nash <tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 18:45:13 +0000
On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:55:03 +0000, Jeni wrote:

>That's an interesting idea. The main difficulty, I think, ...
OK, I guess in the general case it isn't on - maybe for just a
"sensible" subset of Schema which doesn't redefine the meaning of
elements based on all sorts of subtle context.  IMHO its usually a bad
idea to do this kind of thing.

>I was kinda hoping that we'd get this kind of facility in XSLT 2.0 --
>define the identity constraint in the schema and use it through the
>key() function in XSLT. But that doesn't seem to be on the cards at
>the moment; even the dereference operator (=>) only uses IDs, not
>the more flexible identity constraints.

I don't think I would want to overload the key() function with
something like this - why not shema-id() or something instead?

Regards,
Trevor Nash
--
Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx