RE: [xsl] templates matches ... ?

Subject: RE: [xsl] templates matches ... ?
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:17:17 -0000
> I've something like :
>
> <xsl:template match="xml.fre.FREKernelKernel.FREGeneralDocument">
>     .... a lot of lines in here ....
> </xsl:template>
> <xsl:template match="xml.fre.FREKernelKernel.FREDocument">
>     .... exactly the same as above..... a.lot of lines in here ....
> </xsl:template>
>
> I can't imagine that this is the way it should be written ?

If you have an element called <xml.fre.FREKernelKernel.FREGeneralDocument>
then this is exactly how it should be written. Though you shouldn't have
such an element - apart from the fact that names begining with "xml" are
reserved, it suggests you are trying to pack too much meaning and structure
into your element names for comfort.

Mike Kay