Re: [xsl] templates matches ... ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] templates matches ... ?
From: Frederic Leclercq <frederic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:04:06 +0100
Thanks,

But I don't know if I made myself clear enough....

Let's say I have :

<xsl:template match="FREGeneralDocument">
   .... a lot of lines in here ....
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="FREDocument">
   .... exactly the same as above..... a.lot of lines in here ....
</xsl:template>

In the second match all the code is exactly the same as in the first <template match>.... And we're talking about 500+ lines that is exactly the same.... i think there must be a smarter way to do this, then just copy & paste the code ? If there has to be something changed (bugs?) then I have to change the same code in the second <template match> too ....

Thanks in advance,
Fred.

Michael Kay wrote:

I've something like :

<xsl:template match="xml.fre.FREKernelKernel.FREGeneralDocument">
   .... a lot of lines in here ....
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="xml.fre.FREKernelKernel.FREDocument">
   .... exactly the same as above..... a.lot of lines in here ....
</xsl:template>

I can't imagine that this is the way it should be written ?

If you have an element called <xml.fre.FREKernelKernel.FREGeneralDocument> then this is exactly how it should be written. Though you shouldn't have such an element - apart from the fact that names begining with "xml" are reserved, it suggests you are trying to pack too much meaning and structure into your element names for comfort.

Mike Kay