[xsl] seperating alphanumeric string in two preferably using fxsl

Subject: [xsl] seperating alphanumeric string in two preferably using fxsl
From: "Bryan Rasmussen" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:18:33 +0100
I've got elements that will have alphanumeric strings in the format of css
values, for example 11px or 150%(would one classify that as alphanumeric?)
or 5em, 5.5in and so forth. normally what I would do is have a parameter
with a nodeset of values like
<value>in</value>
<value>em</value>
then a variable that gets the value that is contained in my element, then
get the substring-before the value. Am thinking someone might have either a
generic template that already does something like this(help me not to
work!), or can give me a better suggestion for how I should build my
template(help me to improve myself!), or maybe Dimitre has an idea how this
could be done using the fxsl library(help me develop my brain!).