Entity references to guard against typos [was Re: [xsl] variable definition reuse]

Subject: Entity references to guard against typos [was Re: [xsl] variable definition reuse]
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:34:46 -0500
Jeni,

Bizarre!

I guess it might make sense, for development, *if* the tag set were large and nasty enough to make it worth the overhead. But it seems like alot to do to protect against a problem (typos) that really isn't so bad if you build your stylesheet in little steps and test it as you go (as I hope everyone does). (A good development environment should be able to check for you too. Typos should really not be a problem.)

For production, no way ... normalize it first. It would just be another thing to break.

Cheers,
Wendell