AW: RE: [xsl] windows-like table sorter

Subject: AW: RE: [xsl] windows-like table sorter
From: "Braumüller, Hans" <h.braumueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:07:04 +0100
Hi;

i think Robert means, propietary methods like ActiveX and so, relying only
on Microsoft.

I try to convert examples, that i found in the web, using client side
actions with ActiveX in W3C conform DOM scripting with:

xmlDoc = document.XMLDocument;
xslDoc = document.XSLDocument;

etc,

idelement.innerHTML = xmlDoc.documentElement.transformNode(xslDoc);

>From the *. xsl stylesheet i call the external javascript containing the DOM
scripting, so i have no problems with special characters, etc.

For some actions client side, like table head sorting it works.

My problem is that innerHTML, besides that the newest Netscape and Opera
versions supports this, is also propietary.

Have anyone an idea, how to convert the inbuild function innerHTML in purely
Standard W3C DOM ?

I do all these, because im sure, that soon all browser will support DOM and
XSLT properly. The only reason that we use IE6 on my job is that by now this
is the only browser with these facilities.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hans Braumüller
Mail Art Not War
http://identidad-globalizacion.crosses.net