RE: [xsl] using jsp within xsl

Subject: RE: [xsl] using jsp within xsl
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:12:21 +0300
Hi,

> won't < and > work out?? try using this .. or

Well, no. The LESS-THAN SIGN will always be escaped in attribute values - GREATER-THAN SIGN doesn't have to be, but the XSLT serializer may escape it, too.

> put all your jsp code between
> <![CDATA[  and   ]]> like
> ----
> <![CDATA[
>
> .. your JSP Code ..
>

> ]]>
> and where ever you want to plug in some values from xml,
> close the CDATA ( with ]]> ) and enter the value from XML ( using
> xsl:value-of ) and the resume your JSP code with The CDATA again..

Well, that wouldn't work here either. For one, you can't have CDATA sections inside attribute values; and even if the original question would have been how to output <% as text nodes, using CDATA wouldn't disable the serializer from escaping the LESS-THAN SIGN.

Santtu