RE: [xsl] XML Schema declarations and XPath

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML Schema declarations and XPath
From: "Bryan Rasmussen" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 15:38:10 +0200

>Is it possible to assign an XPath expression to each element (attribute)
>declaration in XML Schema? This expression should serve for identification
>of respective elements in the underlying XML instance documents.

I think you might want to take a look at xsd:keyref which allows the making
of  xpath constraints against elements as a reference to an xsd:key, there's
also xsd:unique but I don't think it offers anything like what you want.

anyway as a general rule people want to use xsd:appinfo for what you seem to
be suggesting

perhaps you might also be interested in using schematron instead of XML
Schema?http://www.ascc.net/xml/resource/schematron/schematron.html

there is also some work for including schematron inside of appinfo