RE: [xsl] a namespace problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] a namespace problem
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:14:20 +0100
> Hi Jeni. A read of the XPath 2.0 requirements makes
> no mention of default namespace interpretation
> (that I could find, at least amongst all the red and
> blue :-)). The XSLT 2.0 requirements does have a small
> section adding this requirement.
>
> Your comment would suggest something has to change in
> XPath to allow the XSLT 2.0 default namespace stuff to
> work. Is that the case?

Yes, it's an XSLT requirement, but it needed a small change to XPath to make
it work.

But you're better off looking in the 20 Dec 2001 working drafts of XSLT 2.0
and XPath 2.0. The requirements documents are still relevant, but the WDs
give a much better flavour of what the languages are likely to look like.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx