RE: [xsl] Read the data only once.

Subject: RE: [xsl] Read the data only once.
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:16:50 +0100
Since a global variable never changes its value during the course of XSLT
execution, it's very unlikely that an XSLT processor would calculate its
value more than once without good reason (e.g. trying to conserve memory).
Leave these decisions to the optimizer.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx