RE: [xsl] Floating point numbers in XPath

Subject: RE: [xsl] Floating point numbers in XPath
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:44:34 +0100
XPath 1.0 is completely prescriptive about the string representation of a
floating-point number. The result will never use scientific (exponent)
notation. The rules are in section 4.2 of the XPath specification; two
correct processors will always give the same result.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx