RE: [xsl] mystery #3: rendering embedded HTML

Subject: RE: [xsl] mystery #3: rendering embedded HTML
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:40:45 +0100
> The last mystery for me for one day ;) -- this one I've heard can be
> done with msxml extensions, but I'd prefer a portable solution:
>
> Can I restore HTML that has been encoded as CDATA escaped PCDATA?

Using disable-output-escaping is about your only option. It's not fully
portable (the spec makes it an optional feature), but it's suported by many
processors providing you are directing the transformation output to a serial
file rather than to a DOM or other tree structure.

Better, though, to avoid wrapping HTML in CDATA sections if you can.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx