Re: [xsl] Combining stylesheets for baseclass-subclass type documents

Subject: Re: [xsl] Combining stylesheets for baseclass-subclass type documents
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 15:18:12 -0800

Arrrgghhh.... sorry for the time problems! When Mac OS X crashes on a dual processor system it changes the clock back to right before 1970 (documented bug). It is such a joy... i would defintiely *not* recommend an apple dual processor sytem... (and yes, I am on 10.1.3).

-Rob
:(but the interface is so beautiful on a cinema display....):

Can you break out the common templates/variables/params into separate XSL documents? This way you can directly target your unique circumstance. For example, what i do is have a global_defintions.xsl that includes all the common XSLT documents (variables, params) that have common usage. Then in the unique XSLTs, I just include global_defintions.xsl. When you need the unique view you call the unique XSLT doc which includes the common stuff.

best,
-Rob

Daniel Brockman wrote:

I need help designing a couple of stylesheets that both transform similar
source types; the first stylesheet transforms the base type while the
second
stylesheet transforms an extension to this type.

The first stylesheet, a.xsl, provides the a-specific information. It has
to be
independant of the second stylesheet, b.xsl, which provides the b-specific
information. By definition, the second stylesheet, b.xsl, cannot provide
the a-
specific information.
<snip/>