RE: [xsl] XSLT Processing Model Questions

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT Processing Model Questions
From: "Dietrich Ayala" <dietrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:06:33 -0700
<snip>
> because you are specifying a direct path. theoretically, you should have
> one title, so if you match that you take it out of the mix. then you can
> go on to match the rest of your stuff according to the rules you set.
</snip>

thanks rob. I am specifying a direct path where? in the match attribute of the the first template? all the match values in all the
templates in the example stylesheet in section D1 are relative paths.

i do not understand how your answer explains the difference between:

<xsl:apply-templates/>

and:

<h1>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</h1>

in the first, the the results of subsequent templates are appended to the result tree as children of the <body> element. In the
second, the results are appended as following-children of the <h1> element.

thanks again,

dietrich