Re: [xsl] how to pass a dom to this stylesheet ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to pass a dom to this stylesheet ?
From: "cutlass" <cutlass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:41:22 +0100
sparse details ??

----- Original Message -----
From: "longjohn" <longjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I have to use a stylesheet that presents these kind of code:
> <xsl: ....  "/page/TITLEROWSET/TITLEROW">
> <xsl: ....  "/page/CODEROWSET/CODEROW">

> I'm using  a jsp page , that takes data from a database and it has to
> transform them into a DOM to pass to xsl.
> How can I build this DOM ?

how can I build a DOM question, can only be solved by knowing which
environment you are in ?

XSLT has no native functionality to do something like build a DOM ( though a
particular XSLT processor may actually do this.... ).

It sounds like what u want to do is rather simple, i.e. 'get data from a
database, use xslt to display it '.

a) use database to create an xml file that uses xslt to transform it on the
server or client
b) use database to create an xml stream ''''
c) use database result, build a DOM, in whatever scripting language or
processing environment you are in and apply the xslt to DOM using builtin
transform function

if what u want to do is inject data into the stylesheet, instead of using a
seperate xml document, u could use

a) xsl:param, though u will have an RTF, and will have to use an extension
to use it in proper processing
b) use document() function to pass in data

u will ave to give a bit more info as to what u want to achieve.

cheers, jim fuller