Re: [xsl] regd String Tokeniser

Subject: Re: [xsl] regd String Tokeniser
From: "cutlass" <cutlass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:47:51 +0100
Hello William,

----- Original Message -----
From: "william locksman" <vsd18@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> hi my question is regarding the String tokenizer function of java.
> I am making use of the String Tokenizer
> in the following way
>
> Statement : 1
>
> <xsl:variable name = "tokens" select =
> "java:util.StringTokenizer.new($MyString,',')"/>

> in analogy to java , where i give a statement like
>
> Statement : 2
>
> StringTokenizer strTokeniser = new StringTokenizer(str,
> token,false);
>
> and then go through each of the token in a loop.
>
> now ho do i do the same with Statement : 1 that is thro xsl

u could use xslt for the job also....
http://www.exslt.org/str/functions/tokenize/index.html

> after the Statement : 1 is executed what will i have in the
> variable $tokens ??

u will have a bunch of xml data .....stored in a variable. eg.

> and how do i iterate throgh the tokens??
just like any other xml ( though remember if u have an RTF, u will have to
use any of the common extension functions to make it a nodeset for
processing ).

u could iterate by using <xsl:for-each/> or match templates.....

maybe giving us an example string and form of processing.

cheers, jim fuller