Re: [xsl] Using Include File..

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using Include File..
From: Jeff Kenton <jkenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:36:22 -0400 (EDT)
The basic question here is whether the 50 templates you include are all
going to be used.  If so, there's no reason not to include them.

If most of them won't be used, you take two kinds of performance hit.
First, the XSLT processor will spend extra time compiling/pre-processing
all the templates.  Second, while running, any xsl:apply-templates command
will spend time trying to match against the extra templates that have a
"match" attribute.  On the other hand, if the extra templates mostly have
"names", and are meant to be used with xsl:call-template commands, you
probably won't pay much by having them hanging around.

--jeff