[xsl] How to disable output escaping in result

Subject: [xsl] How to disable output escaping in result
From: "Saugat Roy" <learningxsl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:36:33 -0700
Hi,

I am using Apache xalan and am trying to use namespace extension to supply a html snippet to the result tree. The xsl looks as below
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
version="1.0"
xmlns:lxslt="http://xml.apache.org/xslt";
xmlns:header="appsui.xslextension.AppHeader"
extension-element-prefixes="header">

  <xsl:output method="html"/>
  <lxslt:component prefix="header" elements="init getHeader">
     <lxslt:script lang="javaclass"
      src="xalan://appsui.xslextension.AppHeader"/>
  </lxslt:component>

  <xsl:template match="/">
     <header:init appName="FooTemplates"
        entitlementLevel="4"
        country="us"
        language="en"
        loggedIn="true"
        refresh="false"
        isChild="false" />
     <header:getHeader/>
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

This works just as I expect it to and returns a html string back. But my problem is that when rendering it out finally it escapes all the "<" and ">" in the html string and hence I end up getting something like the following

&lt;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"&gt;
&lt;html&gt;
&lt;head&gt;
&lt;!-- End Top Header Template --&gt;
&lt;!-- BEGIN INCLUDE --&gt;
&lt;!-- BEGIN BOTTOM HEADER TEMPLATE --&gt;
&lt;noscript&gt;

Can someone tell me how to prevent this from hapening?

Thanks
Saugat