Re: [xsl] pass HttpServletRequest from xslt to java function

Subject: Re: [xsl] pass HttpServletRequest from xslt to java function
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 01:11:38 +0200
Ming wrote:
In my stylesheet, I need to call a java function,
xmljsp:getXsltName(HttpServletRequest req). So, the method getXsltName needs the
variable HttpServletRequest. Do you know any way that I can pass the request from
my stylesheet to my java function?

There is no standard way to pass data which is not of an XPath data type through an XSLT processor to extension functions. The easiest way to get around this is to obtain the XSLT name outside the processor invocation and pass it as parameter to the style sheet. An alternative approach is to store the request object in some global variable (static class variable) and write a wrapper around your function which is called from your style sheet and gets the request object from the global.

J.Pietschmann