RE: [xsl] Evaluating a node-set with select (MSXSL vs. Saxon)

Subject: RE: [xsl] Evaluating a node-set with select (MSXSL vs. Saxon)
From: "Dyck, Stan" <sdyck@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:59:03 -0700
>It looks like MSXML is doing the right thing here, and Saxon is silently
>turning your Result Tree Fragment into a node set for you, which (in
>XSLT 1.0) it should not.

Ouch! Does this mean that I have to stop using Saxon as my "conformance
checker?" :-)

>But for *strict* XSLT 1.0 you should use a (proprietary) nodeset()
>extension (I dunno what MS calls theirs but they have one).

For the record, MSXML calls its function node-set(), so change my original
template call from...

<xsl:apply-templates select="$columns"/>

...to...

<xsl:apply-templates select="msxsl:node-set($columns)"/>

...and put the namespace declaration (urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt) in the
xsl:stylesheet element and everything works as I wanted. Don't like having
to use the extension mechanism though.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Wendell.

StanD.