Re: [xsl] Replacing images with alt tags - PART 2

Subject: Re: [xsl] Replacing images with alt tags - PART 2
From: "Jacob P. Glenn" <jpglenn2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 19:21:37 -0400
Sorry for the confusion.  I am new to this stuff and its giving me a run
around.  What I am trying to do is convert XHTML pages to WML using a
stylesheet. The problem I am running into is no matter what way I try to
deal with images I am given invalid WML.  In every element I believe I
apply templates.  So within a p element I apply templates.  But it
doesn't seem to discriminate between ancestors.  It seems to use just
the match="img" every time.  I tried:

<xsl:template match='img[ancestor::p]'>
	<xsl:value-of select="@alt"/>
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template match='img[ancestor::a]'>
	<xsl:value-of select="@alt"/>
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template match='img'>
 </xsl:template>

and I also tried:

<xsl:template match='img'>
	<xsl:choose>
	  <xsl:when test="ancestor::p">
	  	<xsl:value-of select="@alt"/>
	    <xsl:apply-templates/>
	  </xsl:when>
      <xsl:when test="parent::a">
		<xsl:value-of select="@alt"/>
		<xsl:apply-templates/>
	  </xsl:when>
	  <xsl:otherwise>
		<xsl:value-of select="@alt"/>
		<xsl:apply-templates/>
      </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
 </xsl:template>

both times I still get nested <p> elements which is invalid wml and
cannot be viewed by the browser.

So I don't know if I cleared up the confusion.  But I am still having
this problem so any suggestions would be great.

Jacob