Re: [xsl] Processing source in a text format : visual aid

Subject: Re: [xsl] Processing source in a text format : visual aid
From: "Siarhei Biarozkin" <sberyozkin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:51:34 +0100
Michael,

This is exactly how we're going to create stylesheets ourselves.
The original task is to get a text response from a device, and return it to
the client, but not the XML view of it, but as part of an HTML control page.
So, the question is not how to show an XML view to the client, but how to
automate the creation of stylesheets which will create an html page, where
the XML representation of the text source will be just a part of the page's
much more complex content.
I'm going to do it by first generating an XML view of the original text (as
you suggested), and then, I'll write a stylesheet which will create a custom
HTML page by processing that XML view.
In production, though, there'll be only a single transformation, our custom
XMLReader'output will be processed by a corresponding stylesheet created by
us and as a result, an HTML page will be returned.
What we'd like is to enable our customers to modify those stylesheets, or to
create new ones, if they wish to customize a particular HTML page.  Ideally,
they'd not use the same two-stage process for generating stylesheets
thanks for your feedback !
Siarhei Biarozkin