[xsl] How do you use the URIResolver interface to find xsl templates in a WAR base application

Subject: [xsl] How do you use the URIResolver interface to find xsl templates in a WAR base application
From: "Onaindia, Juan" <Juan.Onaindia@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:50:19 -0400
Hello,

In the middle of converting existing applications to a WAR deployment
environment, I have come up with the problem that during the transformation
(in Java) the transformer tries to find the stylesheets base on the root of
the application server in my case WebSphere.
I have been trying to use the URIResolver interface to resolve this by
passing the document root and publicId.
The path of the file is correct but I still get the following exception:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:

File "C:\Program Files\IBM\Application
Developer\workspace\PositionControlFormsWeb\webApplication\WEB-INF\xsl\PCFMe
taArea.xsl" not found

I appreciate if someone could HELP me with this issue.

Here is the code that I am using to do the transformation:

final String documentRoot =
getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRealPath("");

DIURIResolverImpl resolver = new DIURIResolverImpl(documentRoot);
tFactory.setURIResolver(resolver);

Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new StreamSource(new
FileInputStream(xslFilePath)));

transformer.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.METHOD, "html");
transformer.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.INDENT, "yes");
// pass a parameter to the XSLT stylesheet
transformer.setParameter("rootDir", documentRoot);
transformer.transform(new StreamSource(doc), new StreamResult(out));

The DIURIResolverImpl source code:

import java.net.URL;
import javax.xml.transform.URIResolver;
import javax.xml.transform.TransformerException;
import javax.xml.transform.Source;
import javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource;

public class DIURIResolverImpl implements URIResolver
{
	private String docRoot;

	public DIURIResolverImpl(String documentRoot)
	{
		docRoot = documentRoot;
	}
	public Source resolve(String href, String base) throws
TransformerException
	{
		try
		{
			return new StreamSource(docRoot + href);
		}
		catch (Exception e)
			{
			throw new TransformerException(e);