Re: [xsl] xsl:with-param ??

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:with-param ??
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:42:44 +0100
Hi,

> But now i've got 2 errors :
> 1- 'value' not allowed in xsl:variable

It should have been 'select', not 'value':

  <xsl:variable name="var" select="TEM"/>
  <xsl:call-template name="TEMP2">
    <xsl:with-param name="your_parameter_name" select="$var"/>
  </xsl:call-template>

though strictly you don't have to use a variable there at all; you
could just do:

  <xsl:call-template name="TEMP2">
    <xsl:with-param name="your_parameter_name" select="TEM"/>
  </xsl:call-template>

and have the same effect.

[Note: I added the 'xsl' prefix to the close tag of the
xsl:call-template instruction above, since it was missing in the code
you posted.]

> 2- 'xsl:with-param' not allowed in this position of the style-sheet

That's a strange error. Perhaps it's come about because of not
recognising the xsl:variable and fixing that will make it work, or
possibly you're using Microsoft's WD-xsl rather than XSLT. Check the
MSXML FAQ at http://www.netcrucible.com/ if you don't know the
difference.

Cheers,

Jeni