RE: [xsl] built-in templates (was: Match pattern should get child content but gets sib's content also)

Subject: RE: [xsl] built-in templates (was: Match pattern should get child content but gets sib's content also)
From: DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:52:02 +0100

I think perhaps it would be more useful to know where they
trip up a user by producing, as this thread shows, output which
is not directly attributable to written code?

With any new stylesheet I use them to find what I'm *not* processing,
then I can decide whether I should be or not.

Either in a message or red text or right justified, to make it stand out:
<template match="*">
<xsl:value-of select="name(..)"/>/<xsl:value-of select="name()"/>
</template>

Even then namespaces still catch me out.
I suppose the nice addition would be to show any namespaces in play?

Regards DaveP

-

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk

14th June 2002 is RNIB Look Loud Day - visit http://www.lookloud.org.uk to