Re: [xsl] XSLT performance under Linux

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT performance under Linux
From: "Kurt Cagle" <cagle@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 13:15:02 -0700
I would recommend working with the xsltproc engine. It's C++ based, supports
a healthy subset of the Saxon parser, and is fast. I had something of a
jury-rigged system where I was calling saxon as a jar from the command line
(invoked from an `` expression in perl) and my system was crawling despite
being on a top of the line computer. I replaced it with xsltproc, and it was
a couple of orders of magnitude faster. It should be in most recent Linux
distros, though it's also up on Source Forge.

-- Kurt Cagle