[xsl] [slightly OT] question about PAX and XPath

Subject: [xsl] [slightly OT] question about PAX and XPath
From: Amanda Birmingham <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 12:00:27 -0600
Hello, List,
I'm doing some programming using DOM methods to get info out of an xml document, and have been frustrated by the fact that, as far as I can tell, the only DOM methods that will accept XPaths as selectors are MS extensions, not standards (selectNodes, selectSingleNodes). (If I've got this wrong, would someone correct me, please?)

I found something on the w3c's site about a proposal called Pax ... it looks to me like it might be aiming to solve just the issue I'm having--but I'm not sure (I find the w3c docs notoriously hard to read), and I'm having trouble finding info about this proposal anywhere *else*.

Could someone tell me if I'm way off base guessing what Pax is supposed to do, and/or point me toward some non-w3c description of it? I'd love to know for sure what its goal is and expected time-to-recommendation ...

Thanks much,

Amanda Birmingham
Web Application Developer