RE: [xsl] [slightly OT] question about PAX and XPath

Subject: RE: [xsl] [slightly OT] question about PAX and XPath
From: "Macaulay,Malcolm (US)" <Malcolm.Macaulay2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 13:19:03 -0500
Hi Amanda,

selectNodes and selectSingleNodes do take XPath. I assume you're using MSXML4, in which case you have to do:

oMyDOM.load url
oMyDOM.setProperty "SelectionLanguage", "XPath"
..
set oMyNodeSet = oMyDOM.selectNodes(SomeXPath)

Not sure why, but I think it has something to do with the MS DOM supporting some pre-XPath query language. The SDK for the MSXML4 is pretty good.

cheers

Malcolm