Re: [xsl] How to get and display part of XML document in IE5/6?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to get and display part of XML document in IE5/6?
From: "Qinghui Zeng" <zengqh@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 13:49:54 +0200
Hello Joerg,

Thank you very much!
What I want to do is, transfer my WebPages from Html to XML format,
these pages are five identical sets in five natural languages(English,
German, French...), each page is very short and simple, In order to
expediently
manage and extend them(add new language), I want to arrange
the contents with the following structure:
-----------------------
<document>
    <language name=English>
        <page ID=1>......</page>
        <page ID=N>......</page>
</document>
----------------------
Another structure is:
----------------------
<document>
    <page ID=1>
        <English>.....</English>
        <German>.....</German>
    </page>
</document>
----------------------

I just need to display part of the whole document in IE5/6, namely,
once a page in one language, some pages include links to image or
other pages. I can fetch the target making use of XLink and XPointer
and display it with fully XML-supported explorer(right?). e.g.

" english.xml#xpointer(/document/language/page(id=1)) "

but for  IE5/6(partly XML-supported), I need use appropriate XSL.
The problem is how I can extract the target and display it use XSL
without program to extract?

If build the documents separately, don't combine by language or by
page content, it seems too scattered.

If use Include, I think it need a number of outer files for different
pages. or link them with parameter and set condition decision in the
outer file? I'm sure for this method.

Best,

Qinghui

> Hello Quinghui,
>
> in what framework do you want to use XInclude and XPointer? I think it's
not
> possible to do it client-side. At least IE has no XInclude-transformer.
And