RE: [xsl] Writing a stylesheet to create a stylesheet, with XSLT in the XML

Subject: RE: [xsl] Writing a stylesheet to create a stylesheet, with XSLT in the XML
From: Scott Moore <Scott.Moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:26:13 -0400
> Using disable-output-escaping= is not the best way one writes
> a stylesheet
> that writes a stylesheet.

In this case, it's exactly what I need.

> Look at the <xsl:namespace-alias> instruction and how the
> processor sees a

This won't help in this particular problem.

XML Snippet:

<Sections label="&lt;xsl:value-of select=&quot;/Doc/FirstName&quot;/&gt;"/>

Okay, let me try again.  The above snippet is in my XML file.  I want to
process the <Sections> node and basically do this in my stylesheet:

<xsl:value-of select="@label"/>

Unfortunately, that produces the following in the result tree:

&lt;xsl:value-of select=&quot;/Doc/FirstName&quot;/&gt;

BUT, I want the output in the result tree to look EXACTLY like this:

<xsl:value-of select="/Doc/FirstName"/>

In other words, the value of the attribute "label" would be directly placed
into the result tree without re-escaping the "&quot;", "&lt;" and "&gt;"
entities.  Typically you would do that like this:

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"><xsl:value-of
select="@label"/></xsl:text>

BUT, the above is an error.  You apparently cannot place an <xsl:value-of/>
inside of a <xsl:text/> element.  What I'm looking for is a way around this
problem, if there is one.  If not, I have another way to solve it, just not
as flexibly.

Thanks for any help,
Scott