[xsl] Please help: Transforming a node and retrieving siblings + ancestors

Subject: [xsl] Please help: Transforming a node and retrieving siblings + ancestors
From: "s s" <ss_theone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:37:00 +0000
Hello,

I am using Java and Xalan-J 2 xslt engine. I would like to know I could do this:

Let's say I have the following xml:
 <?xml version="1.0" ?>
 <root prop="try to get this">
  <childone>or try get this text</childone>
  <childtwo><childtwoone>test text</childtwoone></childtwo>
  <childthree></childthree>
 </root>
--

And let's also assume that we've got this in DOM model object with childtwooneNode representing the 'childtwoone' tag and rootNode representing the 'root' element:

Transformer transformer = TransformerFactory.newInstance().newTransformer(new StreamSource("c:\\temp\\somexslfile.xsl"));
transformer.transform(new DOMSource(childtwooneNode), new StreamResult(System.out));
--

Now in my xsl file how do I go about retrieving text from the 'childone' tag or the root's attribute 'prop'.

I was able to do this using Microsoft XML 3 parsers just fine by using the following for example:
<xsl:value-of select="../childone" />
--

The reason childtwoone node needs to be fed into the transformation is b/c it's the node that most of the data comes from, but there are (smaller yet some!) pieces of information that come from the rest of the document.

I would really really be greatful if someone could tell me how I could get this working. An example would be great!

Thanks for the help in advance, Sean S.