Re: [xsl] Converting Strict XHTML + CSS with XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Converting Strict XHTML + CSS with XSLT
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 23:38:48 +0200
DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Since XSL-FO was built with CSS hounding it to use the same semantics,
In a large number of cases the xsl-fo syntax would provide the XCSS above?

Ahem, not quite. In the XSLT+XSLFO combo, XSLT got the selector part (match="...") and various methods to centralize bundles of style declarationss (within templates, attribute-sets). This is lacking in XSLFO, where all style attributes are expanded on every element, except inherited properties. Well, I should have mentioned I meant CSS in <style> tags or linked rather than in style="" attributes. There is no XML syntax for this kind of "style repository".

J.Pietschmann