Re: [xsl] Copying nodes from other than the input file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Copying nodes from other than the input file
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 19:18:50 +0200
Hello Maik,

it's not correct, that <xsl:copy-of/> only works on input file. You can also use <xsl:copy-of select="document('another.xml')/html/body"/>. I see only one problem: You speak of HTML. For working with document() it has to be XML or here well-formed XHTML.

Regards,

Joerg

Maik Stührenberg wrote:
Hello,

my problem: in an XML document it is allowed to embed another HTML document (an imagemap). The HTML document is referenced by a metadata called "location" which contains the URL. I'm searching for a way to copy the HTML <body> node into the output file. But xsl:copy-of works on the input file only. Is there any way to get the content of the embedded HTML file into the output file?
Thanks in advance for any comments.

Maik Stührenberg