Re: [xsl] Copying nodes from other than the input file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Copying nodes from other than the input file
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 09:57:02 +0200
Hello Maik,

yesterday I solved (at least I hope so) the same problem for Markus. He had declared a default namespace in the second file. If you say you have a valid XHTML file, it sounds like the same problem. So you have to declare the XHTML namespace in the XSLT. If you use xhtml as namespace prefix, the XPath would look like

<xsl:copy-of select="document(MetaData/Technical/Location) /xhtml:html/xhtml:head"/>

Does this help?

Regards,

Joerg

Maik Stührenberg wrote:
Hello,

last week I asked for a possibility to copy nodes from a second input file. I tried the solution given me from Joerg Heinicke (thanks) <xsl:copy-of select="document(MetaData/Technical/Location)/html/head"/> but it does not work, neither with Saxon 6.52, 7.1 or XSLTProc.
Using <xsl:copy-of select="document(MetaData/Technical/Location)"/> works but no other XPath expression. I tested it with a valid XHTML file (taken

from W3C pages). Any further ideas what's going wrong?

Regards

Maik Stührenberg

--

System Development