[xsl] XSL and Xalan

Subject: [xsl] XSL and Xalan
From: "Joseph Mueller" <joseph_mueller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 20:39:19 +0000
I hope this post is acceptable. I apologize in advance if it does not belong here.

I am using the Xalan C parser to do my XML/XSL transformations. I can transform to a File with no problem. What I need to do is get the XalanResultTarget converted into a string. Here's what I have done to do that where "xmlOut" is the XalanResultTarget and theWriter is Xalan's writer class.

  char * str = "";
  Writer * theWriter = xmlOut.getCharacterStream();
  //THE NEXT LINE CRASHES THE APPLICATION
  theWriter->write( str, 0, theWriter->npos);

Whatever I'm doing crashes because I am "unable to read the memory". Is there another way to get my transformed XSL/XML into a 'string'?