[xsl] Catching Parser/Transformer Exceptions Xerces and Saxon

Subject: [xsl] Catching Parser/Transformer Exceptions Xerces and Saxon
From: "Mark R. Diggory" <mdiggory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 17:08:18 -0400
Hi All,

I've been playing around with putting Xerces infront of Saxon and trying use it's validating features to validate the xml prior to transform. However, the javax.xml.transform.TransformerException coming out of Saxon doesn't seem to retain any information about the parsing exception that occured in Xerces. Is there a feature or something in Saxon or Xerces that I am missing? I'm using the JAXP interfaces and I'm setting up an XMLReader as the source for the XML being transformed by Transformer. I'd like to be able to tell if the document was invalid vs. other problems that could occur in the parser.

-Mark Diggory
Harvard MIT Data Center