RE: [xsl] Re: xsl/xslt coding standard

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: xsl/xslt coding standard
From: "Yates, Danny (ANTS)" <danny.yates@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:42:14 +0100
DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Yes, some default ns for documentation would help,
> just looking at the above though, don't you think the primary code
> might get just a little 'buried' in the documentation?
> I suppose it depends on the relataive sizes, but it is a downside
> to 'full' documentation, as was the case with well commented C code,
> the comments buried the code!

I always work on the maxim that if you need that many comments your
code is not very clear/well structured! Although I find that the
clarity of C++/Java code is somewhat greater than that of XSLT,
meaning that XSLT requires a greater amount of commenting any way.

Rgds,

Dan.

--
Danny Yates
XML Technical Architect

This communication (including any attachments) contains confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient and you have received this communication in error, you should destroy it without copying, disclosing or otherwise using its contents.  Please notify the sender immediately of the error.

Internet communications are not necessarily secure and may be intercepted or changed after they are sent.  Abbey National Treasury Services plc does not accept liability for any loss you may suffer as a result of interception or any liability for such changes.  If you wish to confirm the origin or content of this communication, please contact the sender by using an alternative means of communication.

This communication does not create or modify any contract and, unless otherwise stated, is not intended to be contractually binding.

Abbey National Treasury Services plc. Registered Office:  Abbey National House, 2 Triton Square, Regents Place, London NW1 3AN.  Registered in England under Company Registration Number: 2338548.  Regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).