Re: [xsl] Re: xsl/xslt coding standard

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: xsl/xslt coding standard
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:31:37 +0100
Hi Conal,

> What about just using custom attributes rather than comment
> elements? It means your documentation is not arbitrarily structured,
> but it can at least have a structure that matches the stylesheet
> itself, without interfering too much with the output tree.

That's a reasonable idea, though you can't use it to add documentation
to literal result elements (without the documentation being added to
the element in the result).

I think I'd still find the ability to structure my comments useful,
though, mainly for indicating the meaning of particular words. For
example:

  <xsl:for-each select="blah-child[@type="$blah-type]">
    <xsl:doc>
      same as the <param>blah-type</param>