RE: [xsl] doe alternative?

Subject: RE: [xsl] doe alternative?
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:34:22 +0100
Neither the XPath data model, nor XML itself, allows a comment to
contain an element.

If an XML comment looks like <!-- <a/> -->, then the <a/> is not an
element, it is just four characters of text. It could equally be <!--
<1!> -->, and the parser wouldn't complain.

Since XML comments can't contain elements (only text that looks like
elements), you wouldn't expect the XSLT result tree to allow a comment
node to contain an element node, would you?

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx