Re: [xsl] How do I capture the text "around" a node?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do I capture the text "around" a node?
From: Peter Lavender <plaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 00:13:28 +1000
Hi,

> Text handling like this is always (imho) a little confusing.  The simple
> answer is to use xsl:apply-templates as this will hit all the child
> text() nodes, not just the first(ala value-of).

It is very confusing.

While apply-templates works as you said, the problem i have is that I
want to remove the chars (), hence I tried value-of

> As a good-practice rule, you should always use apply-templates over
> value-of (where possible) for a number of reasons, with the biggest
> probably being that template match=text() gets called.

I'm very new to this and have been struggling through basically
finding what resources I can on the net.

I'm reluctant to purchase a book as a reference as I understand that
somethings are not set in concrete yet.

With the cost of books these days I find it hard to justify purchasing
them only to find that it hasn't answered my questions.

Regards,

Pete.

--
				Due to a lack of imagination,