[xsl] XPath Question Get Attribute

Subject: [xsl] XPath Question Get Attribute
From: "Scott Purcell" <spurcell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:18:59 -0500
Hello,

I have a xml file that looks like this:

<imageInfo>
   <psd width="288">
	<other stuff>
	</other stuff>
	<layer name="Blue" type="pixel" top="84" left="83" right="211" bottom="206" />
   </psd>
</imgeInfo>

I want to programatically change the top from '84' to '0' but I am struggline. The next three lines are some I have. The first two work, and actually are successful. But I cannot figure out how to set another attribute eg 'top' value.

<set target="/psd/layer[@name='Green']/@visibility" value="hidden" />  <!-- works great -->
<set target="/psd/layer[@name='Blue']/@opacity" value=".5" />            <!-- works great -->
<set target="/psd/layer[@name='Blue']["top" value="0.0"] />   <!-- have no clue how to set the top value.

PS, Why the @name and @visibility and @opacity. What does the @ represent?

Thanks,
Scott K Purcell

Scott Purcell | Developer | VERTIS | 555 Washington Ave. 4th Floor | St. Louis, MO 63101 |
T 314.588.0720 | F 314.588.0735 | spurcell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.vertisinc.com

Vertis is a global powerhouse for integrated marketing and advertising solutions that seamlessly combine advertising, direct marketing, media, imaging and progressive technology. Vertis' products and services include: consumer and media research, media planning and placement, creative services, digital media production, targetable insert programs, fully integrated direct marketing programs, circulation-building newspaper products and eMarketing.