Re: [xsl] XSL Choose inside a function??

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL Choose inside a function??
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:09:34 +0100
> I'm a xsl newbie, just to let you know.

Then just to make clear. There is no <xsl:function in XSLT.
You are using an implemenation of a draft of XSLT 2 perhaps?
Note that the XSLT2 draft is not finished and so the definition of that
part of the language may change greatly, it's probably not teh best
place for a beginner to be.

You appearto be defining a function that is in the XSLT namespace, that
would not be allowed (I think, I'd need to check the xslt 2 draft)

however to anwser your question

> So my question is, is it really not possible to use a choose in a function??

The _current_ definition of xsl:function in the XSLT 2 draft is

xsl:function
  name = qname
  override = "yes" | "no">
  <!-- Content: (xsl:param*, (xsl:variable | xsl:message)*, xsl:result) -->
</xsl:function>

so you can not have xsl:choose, and you can only have one xsl:result.
to get the effect you want first define a variable containing teh
xsl:choose then just xsl:return that variable. (But as I say if you
really are a beginner it would be best to stay with xslt 1 for now)

David