Re: [xsl] Doing HTTP/POST from XSLT is fun!

Subject: Re: [xsl] Doing HTTP/POST from XSLT is fun!
From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Dec 2002 15:04:46 +0100
Hi Daniel,

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 14:43, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> That would be sufficient for XML-RPC driven XSLT interraction.
> Simple framework, easy deployment, and everything is kept at the markup
> and structure level.

Speaking of simple framework and easy deployment, the simplest thing I
have seen so far is sometimes called REST :-) .

Translated into XSLT, this gives something such as:

<xsl:variable name="response"
select="document('http://example.com/bar.cgi?order=Gimme+beer')"/>

It doesn't even need any exslt extension (except maybe to encode the
query string) and is just plain standard XSLT.

For those of you who read French, I came to the same (controversial)
conclusion on a real world case recently on XMLfr:

http://xmlfr.org/documentations/articles/021115-0002

My 0,02 Euros,

Eric
--
Curious about Relax NG? My book in progress is waiting for your review!
                                   http://books.xmlschemata.org/relaxng/