[xsl] creating page links

Subject: [xsl] creating page links
From: Sam Carleton <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:24:19 -0500
folks,

I have an xml document that contains a long series of items
which are being borken up between multipal pages:

<items>
	<item>stuff</item>
	<item>stuff</item>
	<item>stuff</item>
	<item>stuff</item>
	<item>stuff</item>
	<item>stuff</item>
</items>

Lets assume the item count is greater then 200 and I want to
display 50 per page. Using mod, div, position(), count() and
some math, I have the correct items being displayed per page.
The only problem is that my navigation is really bad.  I am
only displaying the page number and a link to get the the
pervious page and next page:

<< Page 3 >>

I would like to have navigation where each page number is
displayed:

1 2 3 4 5

How do I do that?  Is the only solution to use recursion?

Sam