Re: [xsl] creating page links

Subject: Re: [xsl] creating page links
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:41:12 +0000
Hi Sam,

> I would like to have navigation where each page number is
> displayed:
>
> 1 2 3 4 5
>
> How do I do that?  Is the only solution to use recursion?

No, you could use iteration to generate the page numbers by selecting
every 50th item and using xsl:for-each to loop through them:

  <xsl:for-each select="item[position() mod 50 = 1]">
      <xsl:value-of select="position()" />
    </a>
    <xsl:if test="position() != last()">
      <xsl:text> </xsl:text>
    </xsl:if>
  </xsl:for-each>

Within the xsl:for-each, the position of each item is its position
amongst the set that you've selected rather than its absolute position
in the list of items.

Cheers,

Jeni

---